Welcome to Episode 4 of Coffee Talk!
Today we’re diving into the connection between sugar and anxiety.
Are they connected? If so, how does sugar actually affect our mood and what can we do about it?
Check out the quick video below which dives into this topic!
- Sugar intake affects your blood sugar balance which affects your moods
- Blood sugar crashes can often lead to anxiety and mood fluctuations
- It’s key to balance your blood sugar daily
- Focus on including protein/fat/fibre in your meals 3x per day as a key strategy to balance your blood sugar
- If you would like to read more about supporting anxiety check out my blog/video HERE and if you’d like further support with ditching sugar check out my previous blog HERE
- When it comes to anxiety remember these TIPS: Manage your stress. Get your sleep and work on a healthy sleep routine. Ditch sugar, coffee, dairy and gluten. Balance your blood sugar. Work on getting support eg. counselling, coaching, determining your stressors.
- Focus on high quality nutrient dense foods.
- Investigate further with gut testing and hormone balancing.
- Helpful supplements and herbals to consider: B vitamin complex, Magnesium, L-theanine, GABA, ashwaganda, holy basil (*always talk with your doc first especially if you’re on medication already)
Would you like to learn more or get support with your diet and lifestyle or anxiety issues?
Book a free discovery call here so we can explore things further,
Cheers to good moods!